Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Letter # 79 - Wild Wild West

Dear Family,

My mission is going great and this week was a good one that passed by a little too fast. I cant believe how fast time is going. I feel like it was just the beginning of june. Engenho Velho is good and the church is growwiiinggg. we have a pretty stacked teaching group and things are going well. We are not able to work in a large part of our area because its super dangerous. our neigborhood actually made the front page on the salvador newspaper calling it the old wild west. I thought that was pretty funny. No but, really it is really dangerous and some of the drug trafficers have actually set a bus on fire and have assasinated some people as well. All of this has happened in about 5 minutes walking distance from our house. Thus being said dont worry I'm in good hands.I have learned a lot this week about the plan of salvation and it really is perfect. I love the plan of our heavenly father! If we study more about the plan of salvation we are promised that we will gain a stonger testimony of Jesus Christ! Im doing great here in Bahia! I hope you all had a great week and have an even better one this week!

Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment