Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Letter # 65



Dear Family, 

I can't believe we are already in the third week of March. Time is passing by too fast for me. I don't want to accept that I have just a couple more months of my mission. I think I might just stay here is that all right with you guys? I'll still continue to write you but, I'm just going to stay here in the mission like peter Pan in Neverland.

This week was great as well. I have been with my Son for 11 weeks and I'm super glad that he is my comp. I have learned a lot from him and I can't wait to see how successful he will be in the future. I'm very grateful for my area also. I have been able to participate in an important chapter here in Livramento and I'm very excited to see how it will grow even more in the near future. The field sure is white for harvesting and It is really interesting to work here with a small town feel. I've never really worked in a big town or in a big ward but, I still have lots of time until i'm endings so, lets see where that takes me. 

Nelson was baptized and He loved it. He was a little nervous and unsure if he really wanted to get baptized and I never have had an investigator quite like him. I feel like I helped him a lot and made him realize the truthfulness of the gospel. I'll have to tell you about his dreams another time. 

We had this week an investigator, Larice, in church that like it a lot. She is super smart and really wanted to go to church to see how it was. The only thing was that in our meetings there was a lot said about things that we haven't taught here and she had this look that she wasn't understanding anything. Thins made me a litte upset that all to often we get in the rythym of our mormon language and a ton of precious truths of the gospel go right over the heads of our investigators. We ned to be simple even with our fellow members that have a lot of time in the church. 

In my studies this week I have been really loving the Plan of Salvation and it really is perfect. I love it so much!

Have a great week and I love you all!!

Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment