Monday, January 5, 2015

Letter # 57


2015! Year of miracles!




Jackson Rucker

7:14 AM (12 hours ago)
to BennettRyanANDERSONBryceChristianKevinjakemeKellaKristiemarkNickScottspencerStephenTannerTravisWilliam
Dear Family,

This week was a good one because any week that has a holiday in the middle of it is a good one. We had a super hot week becuase as you know in brazil in january is as hot as hot cakes. Im having a blast training my first son in the field and I cant believe how well he's doing with how little time he has been here. He's from São Paulo and the ward the he attends usually has about 200 people every sunday. This past week we had 9 again and it was super great! We had our testimony meeting that lasted about 20 minutes and it was awesome!! Everyone exept the 9 year old girl of Edivaldo gave a testimony and everyone shared a little bit about how they grew to know that the gospel was true and that in itself made my week. Im so very grateful to have been called to serve here in Bahia. I sometimes think how it would be cool to serve in another place to be able to have a giant ward and a ton of youth and a strong elders quorum and ward missionaries to help make the work easier. A strong relief soc. to make all the activities spectacular and baptism cakes dazzle, But then I think about how there is a prophet on the earth and how he receives relevation from God. He designates apostles of the Lord to help him receive revelation to send evey single of the tens of thousands of missionaries that walk upon this earth to lands familiar or unknown to bring to pass the imortality and eternal life of man. One contact at a time. One lesson at a time. One commitment at a time. One baptism that will forever change the direction of every single one of us in this straight a narrow pathway to our Father in Heaven. As soon as I think of this things Those feelings of what could have been wash away and the feeling of the spirit in my life makes me want to get out of bed in the morning because I know that Im on the errand of The Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 

 Alma 26:12 Yea, know that am nothingas to my strength am weak;therefore will not boast of myself, but will boast of my God, forin his strength I can do all thingsyea, behold, many mightymiracles we have wrought in this land, fowhich we will praise hisname forever.
 Alma 26:35 Now have we not reason trejoice? Yea, say unto youtherenever were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since theworld began; yeaand my joy is carried away, even unto boastingin my God; for he has all powerall wisdom, and all understanding;he comprehendeth all things, and he is merciful Being, eveuntosalvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name
Love, Elder Rucker 

No comments:

Post a Comment