Monday, October 27, 2014

Letter # 47 w/pics!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jackson Rucker <jackson.rucker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: Good Morning My Love!
To: Jo Ann Gibala <joanngibala@gmail.com>


Dear Mom,
This week was a good one. We worked really hard to be able to baptize this family of a mom, daughter, and son that are all really good friends with many members of the church here but the daughter was not completely wanting to keep all of the commandments. we had the son Leo(11) baptized this past week and his mom, Vilma(30) baptized this week! They are soo firm already! They know a ton of people and are already imvolved int the activities of the church. It is the best feeling when you know that the people you baptize are going to stay active in the church. Hopefully I'll get the package you sent for my birthday here soon maybe before christmas haha. This week was a good week of developing patience and humility. My companion and I were getting into little fights about stupid things but know we have worked out our differences and we both have grown in our testimonies because of it. I gave a talk in church yesterday about Fatih and I loved a quote that Spencer W Kimball said that can be found in the the gospel principles book about how we have to have the desire to develop our faith. I want to challenge you all to find out 3 ways you can develop your faith this week and see if its not higher by the end of the week!
love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment