Friday, November 1, 2013

Letter # 5 from Elder Jackson Rucker

On Friday, November 1, 2013 10:35 AM, Jackson Rucker <jackson.rucker@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Dear Mom,
 
Wow! How the time has passed! I'm in my last week here at the MTC and I leave for Salvador next Tuesday! I've enjoyed every second here and I really have witnessed blessings in my life every day! The Spirit quickens learning! Having the spirit with you as a missionary is the single most important thing to have with you when you teach! I've kept the last 15 or so pages of my book of testimonies and faith exclusively for writing everyday of how I saw the Lord`s hand in my life today! On Sunday we had a doctrine lesson from one of the mission presidents from the Sao Paulo mission and we talked about baptismal services and how it is so important to plan out the services ahead of time and not make it a scrambled mess because that day is the first day of a life time of devotion to the Lord's work and we, as missionaries, have to make sure that everything goes as planned with the fullness of the Spirit present! Talking about that made me think of my own baptism and reminded me of all the good things that have happened to me since then and I can only thank the missionaries that first decided that they wanted me to have a great baptism! It really is a circle of love. Here in the MTC we have mock investigators and teach them the lessons and talk with them just like actual investigators and even though were teaching members of the church it feel so real and the spirit is so strong when I share any of my stories and when my companion and  I bore our testimonies of the the church! It's awesome! I shared with one of our investigators who was having trouble with acceptiing the gospel into her life. We shared some scriptures that talked about having faith to do all things through Christ and then I was prompted to talk about a lesson that my Mother taught me that it is impossible to have fear and faith at the same time! She agreed and said she would pray about it and she said the closing prayer and offered such a sweet prayer! The spirit was so strong in that lesson I thought my heart was about to pop out of my chest! We had a devotional this past week from a recorded talk to the Provo MTC from Elder Bednar and I realized that I need to focus on becoming more like Christ and making his attribues my own. I learned that we need to TURN OUT when hard and frustrating things happen to us instead of turning in and falling in to the ways of the natural man!  I hope you have a great week and the next time I email you will be from SALVADOR! :)
 
LOVE, ELDER RUCKER

No comments:

Post a Comment