Sunday, October 13, 2013

Letter #2

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Jackson Rucker <jackson.rucker@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Dear Mom,

I have had an awesome week! Wow how the days are flying by! I have had some amazing learning experiences this week in my testimony and in the ways that live and teach the gospel! Portuguese is coming slowly but I'm getting better everyday and learning constantly. I cant express through an email how beautiful it is here! The MTC has some pretty strict rules about taking pictures here and don't allow us to upload any to our emails, but when I get in the field I'll be sure to send you some cool shots. I love P-day haha. Getting to go to the temple is such an awesome experience. I love getting stuck in traffic when we drive to and from the temple! That sounds kinda weird, but it gives me the opportunity to look out the window of the bus for a longer time and really look at everything Sao Paulo has to offer. I have always been fascinated with graffiti and boy does Sao Paulo have a ton of it :) Mostly gang looking stuff, but some of it is very artistic and that's the stuff I like the most. The missionaries are allowed to walk around a couple blocks around the MTC for a couple hours on P-day and that has been my favorite part of being here so far. I know that I'm doing the right thing by being here in Brazil and I cant wait to share more of my experience with you as the days goes by! I'm so grateful for all that I'm blessed with!


Love, ELDER RUCKER

No comments:

Post a Comment