Monday, April 14, 2014

Letter # 25

From: Jackson Rucker <jackson.rucker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Hello My Sweet Missionary!!!
To: Jo Ann Gibala <joanngibala@gmail.com>

Dear Mom,

I had a great week! We baptized again! We baptized a mom and daughter and their neighbor! They are so great and already have such strong testimonies! Im so grateful that they decided to get baptized! The mom had a lot of doubts but we were able to clear all of them up and she is making such great friend with our ward and they are getting integrated very well! Elder Rudy and I have been having so much fun together. I cant believe how fast this transfer has gone by. We have transfers again next week and Im pretty sure Im getting switched. I dont know where Im going, but I know it will be a place that I need to go. I have loved my first area. It really is a beautiful place and a place that I will never forget. I have met so many great people and made so many connections with the members of this ward Im so grateful to have had the chance to serve here and Im glad that helped at least a couple people come to the gospel. One thing that I was thinking about is that many use the terms gospel and church interchangably but, in reality they are two different things. I have been sent here to bring souls to the gospel, not the church, and someone needs to gain a testamony of the gospel, not just the church, and I feel like some are all-too-often brought to the church and get baptized for the church and the feelings they had here and then fall away because they didnt fully understand the importance of the gospel and the feeling that come from that. I have just been thinking about that lately because Brazil is having a hard time retaining the converts we have because of this unfortunate case. I can honestly say that Im converted to the gospel, not the church. Im converted to the the love of Christ, not the love of the members. Im converted to the knowlege of knowing I can return to live with my Heavenly Father after this life and partake of his eternal rest, not purely the good teachings and standards this church has. I have fully come to understanding of the importance of the gospel and how this church helps us complete it. Im im so grateful for the chance I have to share it. I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment