Monday, September 30, 2013

I Survived!

Dear Mom,

I survived the first day! I am so tired. Brazil Is amazing and I cant wait to get to Salvador in 6 weeks. My MTC companion is the guy who knew my friend from BYU-I haha. Who would have thought? The flight was incredibly long and I got talking to the guy that I was sitting next to who was a native from Brazil and was returning from being in Candada for a year and told him my testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith but, he had a lot of things to disagree with about mormons but, we remained kinda friends throughout the flight. I was really nervous and didn't know if the things that I said made very much sense to him because he didn't really know english that well but, I asked him to pray about what I told him and he said he would! So thats a good start. He wrote down his email address so I can maybe contact him in the future with other resources that can help him learn. The MTC here is beautiful and the people here are really nice but, I've realized that I really don't know portuguese and it's really hard to understand the teachers, but I'll get used to it and catch on with time. It's only my first time. Talk to you soon!


Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment