Monday, January 13, 2014

Letter # 13

 
1-13-14 at 11:26 AM
Dear Mom, This week isn't much to write home about. We had a division with the other elders in my district and I worked in their area with the other junior companion and didnt have a very productive day because the other elder was having some issues with his companion and so we did basically the opposite of what they has set up as the plan for the day. At the end of the day I was just really grateful that im patient and humble about the situation because he was being very prideful and difficult to work with. Elder Sculte and I were teaching a couple this past wednesday night and we even brought a couple from our ward to help teach with us and we had a wonderful lesson and even set up a date for them to prepare to get married so they can get baptized, BUT we found out today that we're not going to be teaching them anymore because they live right on the border on our area and the area of the sisters in our district and the couple happens to be great friends with the president of the Sisters' branch, so the branch president and the stake president met up and decided that they are going to now be taught by the sisters and are to be baptized into the branch.And the best thing about it is that the investigator couple wants us to teach them  So there goes my Marriage Baptism and to say the least im pretty disappointed because nobody in this situation is even listening to what they actually want.
 
I know that this church is true and that the ward or brach these people are baptized into doesnt really matter as long as they are baptized, but it sucks to know that I cant really help them the way that I want to.
 
The work is tough. The work is true. I love The Lord and I love you!
Love, Elder Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment